Mahashivratri 2022: Mahashivratri has great importance in Hinduism. Mata Parvati and Lord Shiva are worshiped on this day. According to the Hindu calendar, Shivaratri falls in the month of Falgun. In fact, Shivratri comes every month. But Mahashivratri coming in Falgun month has special significance, this year Mahashivratri is on 1st March. According to the scriptures, it is believed that Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati got married on the day of Mahashivaratri. Devotees worship Shiva and Parvati by observing a fast on this day. Worshiping Lord Shiva with full rituals on the day of Shivratri fulfills all the wishes.
Why is Mahashivratri celebrated?
By the way, in Hinduism, there are vrats or festivals every month. Monthly Shivratri also comes every month. Mahashivratri, which falls in the month of Falgun, has a very special significance. It is said in the old texts that the marriage of Lord Shiva and Parvati took place on this day. According to the scriptures, on this night Lord Shiva appeared in the form of Jyotirlinga having the same effect as crores of suns. Since then, the festival of Mahashivratri is celebrated every year on Chaturdashi Tithi of Krishna Paksha of Falgun month.
Another belief is that Goddess Parvati is the reincarnation of Sati. Mother Parvati wanted to have Shiva as her husband. He had made many efforts to make Shiva his own. But Bholenath was not pleased. After this Mata Parvati did a difficult sadhana at Gaurikund, 5 km from Triyugi Narayan. In this way, he had enamored Shiva. Thereafter, on this day Shiva and Mata Parvati were married.
Mahashivratri 2022 Tithi
Festival of Mahashivratri 2022: 01 March, Tuesday
Chaturdashi date will start: 01 March 2022 at 03:16 am
Chaturdashi date will end: 02 March 2022 till 10:00 AM
Mahashivratri Pooja Vidhi
- Waking up early in the morning, taking a bath after taking a vow of worship, go to the Shiva temple.
- Along with this, you can establish a Kalash filled with water at the place of worship at home too. Establish the idols of Shiva and Mata Parvati.
- After this, remembering Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati, do Jalabhishekar to them.
- Offer Akshat, betel leaf, betel nut, belpatra, milk, curd, honey, ghee, dhatura, etc. to Lord Shiva during Shiva Puja.
- Keep chanting Shiva mantras during the worship. Chanting of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is also very beneficial.
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम्।
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान् मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मामृतात्।।