Mauni Amavasya 2022: According to the Hindu calendar, Krishna Amavasya of Magha is celebrated as Mauni Amavasya. On this day the second royal bath of Magh takes place. In the Magh fair held every year in Prayagraj, lakhs of devotees reach Triveni Sangam on Mauni Amavasya to take a bath. But this time Magha Amavasya is the first Somvati Amavasya of the year 2022. Hence the importance of this Amavasya increases.
Usually, the new moon date is the same. But this year two Amavasya Tithis are falling due to the position of planets and Nakshatras. On this day people will get the virtue of bathing and donating on Monday and Tuesday. In Hinduism, the Amavasya Tithi of Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday is given special importance. Taking bath, donating, and hard tapas are considered extremely beneficial on this day. Amavasya falling in the month of Magha is called Magha Amavasya or Mauni Amavasya.
Mauni Amavasya 2022 Tithi and Day
Start – 31 January 2022, Monday at 2:20 pm
Ends – 1st February 2022, Tuesday at 11:16 am
Shubh Sanyog of Somvati Amavasya and Mauni Amavasya 2022
- Amavasya Tithi is dedicated to Pitra. On this day, offering prayers in the name of Pitra gives them satisfaction. With this, they are pleased and give blessings.
- On the day of Mauni Amavasya, after putting Til in water in the name of Pitra, one should offer prayers towards the south direction.
- Worship the Peepal tree on the day of Somvati or Mauni Amavasya. Make 108 rounds of Peepal and tie it with a yellow colored sacred thread.
- Light a lamp under the Peepal tree, by doing this the grace of Pitra is obtained. This brings happiness in the family.
- Lord Vishnu should be worshiped on this day. Before worshiping, sprinkle Gangajal on yourself. If you will recite the seventh chapter of the Gita on this day for the sake of Pitra? So this will remove their sufferings.
- While meditating on Pitra, definitely donate on the day of Mauni Amavasya. You can donate food and clothes etc. to any needy person.
- If possible, plant a Peepal plant on the day of Somvati Amavasya or Mauni Amavasya. Also take care of this plant. Pitra is very happy by doing this.
- The Peepal plant you planted will grow as it grows! You will get blessings from your Pitra. With this, all the problems in your house will gradually go away.
- By the way, Peepal plants can be planted on any new moon! But the yoga of Mauni Amavasya and Somvati Amavasya is never easily found. In such a situation, this auspicious coincidence is being found on 31 January.
What is Mauni Amavasya?
There is a special significance of taking a bath on this date by observing silence and behaving like a sage. For this reason, the Amavasya date of Krishna Paksha of Magha month is called Mauni Amavasya. Transiting in the month of Magh, when Lord Sun, Bhuvan Bhaskar is in Capricorn along with the Moon! So in astrology, that period is called Mauni Amavasya.
This time Chatur Graha Yoga is being formed in Capricorn. A wonderful and beautiful combination of two fathers and sons is being formed. By the way, when the simultaneous transit of Sun and Moon takes place in the sign of Shani Dev, Capricorn! Then that important death date is called Mauni Amavasya. This year, where Sun’s son Shani Dev is transiting in Capricorn as a self-occupied person. The same Moon is also going to increase the auspiciousness of this day by forming Budhaditya Yoga with its son Mercury and transiting in Capricorn.
Significance of Mauni Amavasya
At the confluence of Prayagraj, the special significance of bathing on the day of Mauni Amavasya has been told. It is believed that on this day the confluence of gods and ancestors takes place. It is mentioned in the scriptures that the deity comes to Prayagraj in the month of Magh. He invisibly bathes in the confluence. On the day of Mauni Amavasya, the ancestors come from Pitra Loka to take a bath in the confluence. In this way, the confluence of gods and ancestors takes place on this day. Chanting, penance, meditation, bathing, charity, yajna, a havan is done on this day give manifold results.
According to the scriptures, bathing in the Ganges, donating, and observing silence on this day give special results. Regarding Amavasya, it has been said that on this day keep your mind, deeds, and speech clean. One should not think inauspicious for anyone. Offering Arghya while chanting the mantras “ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय नम:” and “ॐ नम: शिवाय” only with closed lips leads to quenching of sins and attainment of virtue.